Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Where is Zara?


Dearest Zandrea readers,

You may have noticed that I have not added anything to this blog in many months. Andrea has diligently and most capably kept up the blog and has been exceptionally kind by not overthrowing the blog and declaring it her own. (Though, she is a pirate, and pirates do like to plunder and pillage, so it is probably just a matter of time before the inevitable coup d’etat….)

I will try to explain my absence. Please prepare yourself for an existential journey into my psyche.

Bottom-line, I have not written anything because I have had nothing creative to say. In the past, my creativity has been exclusively linked to my vast reserves of anger and resentment.

However, sometime in the fall of 2004, I fell in love.

The dank and musty hollows of my heart and mind are now full of “cheerful” thoughts and feelings. You know the usual: rainbows, waterfalls, unicorns, that horse with wings, cheeses (imported AND domestic), puppies, kittens, a revisionist account of my teenage years, etc.

I am happy. There, I said it!

I have tried to write.

A piece I started to write about my feud with several Brookline dry cleaning establishments stopped dead in its tracks when I had to admit that everyone makes mistakes. [Please note: the old Zara did NOT make allowances for human error.]

Another piece that was over before it started was to be about how annoying I find people who choose to procreate on this God forsaken planet. But then I thought maybe there will be peace on Earth and heck, shouldn’t that be shared with a new glorious generation??? [You are correct if you are remembering that the old Zara had no hope for humanity and was surprised we had not blown up the planet prior to the 21st century.]

So, back to the title of this blog piece…

Where is Zara?

Well, I am here. I am just trying to find my voice in the midst of all of this confounding romance. Trying to find humor and irony in between kisses and love songs.

Please be patient,
Zara

2 comments:

Evil Twin #1 said...

Am so happy you posted. It made my night to have read such sweet thoughts. Cynicism is not all that it is cracked up to be. One day I hope to have puppies, but for now I'll try to see the upshot of my resentment and keep posting weekly.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

CONGRATULATIONS are owed you on two counts. First - congratulations on finding love - a slippery phantom - often lurking near to us but so hard to catch - finding love can feel like waking up - as if the previous years of your life had been lived in shadows. Secondly - congratulations on posting that black and white photograph of a dancer with one leg! Is it you? Do you like Jackson Browne?